Sign in to follow this  
warfinge

Obama to move to NYC after Whitehouse

hampy_251    10

The most pleasant part of that article was "when the Obamas move out of the White House". 

It couldn't possibly happen soon enough. Good grief, I despise that guy. 

Many of the comments were rather witty too. And I think several of them were right. Michelle will run for senate. 

Riot    14

The most pleasant part of that article was "when the Obamas move out of the White House". 

It couldn't possibly happen soon enough. Good grief, I despise that guy. 

Many of the comments were rather witty too. And I think several of them were right. Michelle will run for senate. 

We could always have Hillary and Michelle Obama as the Secretary of Defense...

hampy_251    10

That would be the best possible outcome. A woman who's never led anyone or done anything (although, admittedly more than Obammy) as POTUS and a woman who served less than Panetta or Hagel (2 pathetic years each), hates the military and only knows how to vacation and shop as SECDEF. 

Thats exactly what this country needs. 

Dear God... what happened to the days when this country was run by working class people who represented the population?

emclean    23

Dear God... what happened to the days when this country was run by working class people who represented the population?

when was that? the Carter years?

mostly the nation has been lead by the rich with out having to work a day in their life. 

just wait your grand kids will be crying for the 'good old days' of teh turn of the century.

hampy_251    10

I may be mistaken... but I believe MOST of the politicians, presidents and congress, prior to the last 30 years had pretty well all served in the military, operated businesses, owned farms/plantations or done physical labor. Being rich is irrelevant. They had jobs and were regular people. 

They weren't life long politicians with no other experience or aspirations other than politics.

hampy_251    10

Furthermore, and again I may be wrong, I FEEL like the old politicians had mostly had the best interests of the country and it's people at heart. 

Now it's - whats PC. what will help me get reelected. what will help my campaign contributors. how can I get richer when I get out. And the most dispicable - how can I be a good citizen of the 'world'. 

warfinge    8

Personally I believe the early 1900s pre-depression era politicians were the last to not be wholly owned or at least controlled by millionaires, banks and corporations. Reading modern revisions to things I was taught in school is an exercise in frustration but I know Fractional Reserve Banking and the end of the Gold Standard started this nation on a path to perpetual debt. When we talk about the "National Debt" most of that debt is interest from the banks printing their own money through the Federal Reserve and loaning it to the government to spend.  I don't think there will be an end to this before we simply collapse. At that point we will gladly accept the "North American Union" because everything "exceptional" about being an "American" will have been destroyed. Obama has done his share to cripple our finances just like his progressive buddy GWB. I don't think we will manage to stop the inevitable trip we are taking on the fail train. Hope I'm wrong....

hampy_251    10

I had read actual stats that, following your point, only 22% or something of politicians today had held actual jobs before politics. And even fewer had served in the Armed Forces. The numbers were... horrible. Especially in comparison to decades old stats and even the last 30-50 years.

I wish I could find those numbers but my Google-Fu is weak.

emclean    23

I may be mistaken... but I believe MOST of the politicians, presidents and congress, prior to the last 30 years had pretty well all served in the military, operated businesses, owned farms/plantations or done physical labor. Being rich is irrelevant. They had jobs and were regular people. 

They weren't life long politicians with no other experience or aspirations other than politics.

working class are rarely rich (at least to me). the working class works cause they have to, there is no option. being rich means that there is an option. 

general speaking anyone with the ego to think they should focus their life to become the president, isn't regular people.

as for life long politicians 

Ronald Wilson Reagan first took office January 2, 1967 

George Herbert Walker Bush first took office January 3, 1967

William Jefferson "BillClinton first took office January 3, 1977

George Walker Bush first took office January 17, 1995

Barack Hussein Obama first took office January 8, 1997

hampy_251    10

Right so... I'm not sure I'm catching your point. 

That they hadnt been in politics forever? 

Bill started at age 18 as intern to senator. Never done anything but politics. 

GHWB started at 40 after flying in WW2 and running an oil company. He did 26 years in politics. His father was Senator. 

GWB tried his hand in politics starting at 32. His oil company failed and he returned to politics. Did only 14 years but his original aspiration was politics.

Barry also has never done anything but politics. He became senator as soon as he was eligible and pres as soon as he was eligible. True, he did some law school lecturing according to Wiki (somehow he became a law teacher immediately after he himself graduated) but it was during his tenure as a politician. 

So, really only Senior and Regan have had careers other than politics and Regan was of course just an actor and spokesman.

warfinge    8

Well Millions aren't what they used to be. I suppose those congressional millionaires are being controlled by billionaires. I had never heard the word billion until I was an adult. &0s era educations were pretty much capped at thinking in millions anyway :)

emclean    23

Right so... I'm not sure I'm catching your point. 

Reagan was first elected to the Board of Directors of the Screen Actors Guild in 1941, OK not public office, but still playing politics. 

Sr, was an oil man whose father was on chairman of the board at his first oil job, and by '64 the Chairman of the Republican Party for Harris County, Texas,i would assume that he didn't start in that position. that puts him in politics for 40+ years. (verses 32 for Bill)

W rode has daddy's coat tales, in business, and politics. 

hampy_251    10

So, I have to admit after talking all that trash, I'm kinda smitten by Ted Cruz... even though he's a college boy with limited Real World job experience. 

Im not sure I've heard him say anything that I couldn't applaud or at least respect. 

He seems like the real deal for limited govt, flat tax, states rights and strong personality. 

At least his parents were Real World working types.

And Mark Levin loves him.

Any comments? 

Edited by hampy_251

emclean    23

i am partial to John Kasick. ya he is another lifer, but has shown that he is serous about balancing the budget, and will work across the other party. 

hampy_251    10

Just seen ol' Barry on the Jimmy Kimmel show again last night. For petes sake, does that db not have anything better to do? Like maybe attempt to run a faltering country.

Actually, maybe he should make appearances every night that he isnt golfing or vacationing. Maybe that'll help keep him from further wrecking the country. 

I so despise that guy... I hesitate to even use the word 'man' in reference to him. Guy is good enough.

But really, what kinda country do we have when the bloody prednint appears on night time tv and tabloids like some stinking celebrity??

Edited by hampy_251

JSheaHawk    29

Just seen ol' Barry on the Jimmy Kimmel show again last night. For petes sake, does that db not have anything better to do? Like maybe attempt to run a faltering country.

Actually, maybe he should make appearances every night that he isnt golfing or vacationing. Maybe that'll help keep him from further wrecking the country. 

I so despise that guy... I hesitate to even use the word 'man' in reference to him. Guy is good enough.

But really, what kinda country do we have when the bloody prednint appears on night time tv and tabloids like some stinking celebrity??

Yeah, I don't know when it became okay to not act presidential.  Presidents shouldn't be on talk shows.  Hell, you see lots of shots of recent presidents at official events without a tie.

Jared

emclean    23

Yeah, I don't know when it became okay to not act presidential.  Presidents shouldn't be on talk shows.  Hell, you see lots of shots of recent presidents at official events without a tie.

Jared

Clinton - playing teh sax on late night tv. 

hampy_251    10

According to the site MrMediaTraining - Obama is the first sitting president on late night tv. And he's been how many times? 

All others starting with JFK, Nixon, Regan, etc. have been during candidacy or before announcing candidacy.

I can imagine... if you'd offered tough old presidents like Truman, T Roosevelt or some like them the opportunity to BS on late night tv, they'd physically toss your butt out of their office.

Man, I have a lot of respect for Mr. "The Buck Stops Here". Instead of saying 'its not my fault' or 'i didn't know anything about it' or my favorite 'this is the first im hearing of it', he took responsibility for everything under his administration. He was a real leader.  

Cyberops    0

Hi everyone

We provide cyber security and VAPT services . If your information data is also unsecure please contact us .

best regards

Cyberops

Official Website- http://cyberops.in