ChrisK

Romanian AK'S

ChrisK    2

I bought two of these during the Clinton admin. The stock is goffy but feels good. This one has been threw HELL and back!!! Back then I put 10,000 to 12,000 rounds threw it and never cleaned it and wont till it james. I bought it for a beeter and to see how much abuse an AK could take. One day I put six 75rd drums and a couple duzen 40rd mags threw it non stop and the forword grips cought fire and had to be put out in the snow and mud, and when it cooled I kept shooting it. It has never jamed or mis fired. As you can see the second set of grips are a little bernt and bubbled.

post-13664-0-22784700-1362587746_thumb.j

post-13664-0-82538600-1362587769_thumb.j

warfinge    8

It's funny how you do things to an AK you would never do to other rifles. I go easier on one of mine since I got it set up the way I wanted but my SKS rifles catch hell. I smoke my MAK too but it has a good heavy barrel. I am not sure I could afford the ammo it would take to overheat it. I have never thought 7.62 x 39 was a great round but it will do. It will do.

JSheaHawk    29

I have a Romanian SAR-1 and have never had a problem.  The reputation is well deserved.

Jared

emclean    23

I have never thought 7.62 x 39 was a great round but it will do. It will do.

try a 12ga AK some time :deadhorse2: 

20 ga recoial is sift enough to get back on target fast.

AKs are awesome. I love my Pre ban type 56 and Bulgarian 74. I'm really glad I don't need to panic buy, prices are insane.

emclean    23

who did the conversion?

and good to see new memebers that are wise (unlike some mod's i could mention)

ChrisK    2

Jered,

Thanks,

I was tring to be funny!!! I was not going to post pix till I was done with it .It works good but I am not finished with it yet.

emclean,

I did the conversion, but I am not done yet. I still need to mill out the rear trunion and install a folding stock trunion and put a railed forward grip on. I still have to send $200.00 to the ATF for a SBS stamp. Then the barrel can be cut down and thred milled to take a flash hider( if you can call it that).

USA parts installed for compliance.

Sorry, My spelling SUCKS and I dont give a SH!___!!!

Chris K

JSheaHawk    29

Jered,

Thanks,

I was tring to be funny!!! I was not going to post pix till I was done with it .It works good but I am not finished with it yet.

emclean,

I did the conversion, but I am not done yet. I still need to mill out the rear trunion and install a folding stock trunion and put a railed forward grip on. I still have to send $200.00 to the ATF for a SBS stamp. Then the barrel can be cut down and thred milled to take a flash hider( if you can call it that).

USA parts installed for compliance.

Sorry, My spelling SUCKS and I dont give a SH!___!!!

Chris K

I know you were being funny.  Rub Em's face right in it!  :laughing1:

Jared

I have owned for over 4 years now a Romanian WASR 10/63... 1971 Has the Triangle with an Arrow in it on the Trunion so I know it was used in the Romanian Military. I now have eleven 30 round Mags and one Chinese 100 Round Drum to go with my WASR 10/63. I picked up the Chinese 100 Rounder, an East German 30 Rounder and 300 rounds of ammo all for $200... Can anyone tell me what the Chinese 100 Round Drum is worth?

hampy_251    10

Im sorry to say that no one really posts on this board much anymore. Even the Mod's apparently aren't present very often. There is, however, still a ton of good information, discussion and debate available here.

So, welcome and enjoy.

To your question, I seen a 75rd Norinco drum on Gunbroker.com for $200, I believe. And that wasn't the asking price; people were bidding.

Good luck!