Sign in to follow this  
hailandfarewell

Hi everyone

Question

I'm a former Marine and have always loved the HK's. I have had a authentic 1983 HK94 reciever for years now dreaming of doining a build up. I have been snooping around on here for a while and thought I would say hello. I'm caught between selling the thing to buy other toys or keep it and actually build it. Apparently these things are very sought after as vehicles to build an MP5 by those guys who want a real HK and not flats. It's hard to find info on the real value of what I have though. Anyway...It's good to be hear and look forward to picking everyone's brain.

-John

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums, John. Admin is a pretty big HK buff, so I'm sure he'll be along soon enough with links and info.

What else do you shoot?

Jared

Thanks for the welcome. I worked for a gunsmith for a couple of years after getting out of the Corps. I built a remington short action in .308 with a Llijah barrel and H.S. precision tactical stock and Ziess optics. It's a little dated with all the things available now, but I still love to shoot it and it still drives tacks. I also shoot a DPMS AR-10 that I got about 2 years ago. I like it, sometimes just wish I would have went with the 5.56 just to shoot a bunch. It's still a fun gun though. And of course I have a ton of shotguns and hand guns and hunting rifles of no specific purpose except to hunt and plink around.

-John

A real HK94 in good shape can go for $4000 to $5000 these days. If you want it upgraded to a MP5 Sear host then there are only a few I would trust to do the work. Like Mike and Tammy at TSC in Virginia or Jason at IGF

Thanks I appreciate the info! My 94 is not complete. All I have is the reciever with the welded trunion, but apparently that is a pretty good start. These seem to be the harder authentic parts to come by.

-John

I am Martin Gail. I love teaching, I have 7 years teaching experience in UK, Teaching Statistics to a wide range of students from Elementary level right through to PhD Students. Currently, I am providing my tutoring services at SPSS-Tutor. I have a kind and patient style of teaching and love to help and explain.  I love reading when I have free time there is nothing better than reading a good science fiction novel. I have a bachelor and master degree in Statistics.