Sign in to follow this  
macshooter

County Comm embassy pen

I really like this pen, thought I would pass it along. I think this is about the most hardcore indestructable pen money can buy. Solid stainless steel, and will write in space, underwater, upside down, and you can use it to beat someone to death in a pinch. The only thing peculiar about it is that the cap will not screw on the end opposite end when open, so you have to hold it with your other hand or put it in your pocket. This doesn't bother me. It could actually be useful if you loan your pen to people often, since they will likely return it to you without the cap. This will also probably make it through TSA screening, since it doesn't have any sharp looking pointy ends or anything. They also make them in titanium, aluminum, and copper. (the lighter ones are probably even better for TSA, since the stainless one is heafty, and feels 'serious', so those goons may decide not to let it through)

clicky

stainlesspenrev2large13.jpg

I may pick one of those up. I hate letting the unwashed heathens of the world touch my mont blanc.

How big in diameter is it compared to a regular pen? I'm curious if it would fit in my uniform shirt. Ohhh...just saw the $5 refills. That hurts. I do a lot of writing...

I hate letting the unwashed heathens of the world touch my mont blanc.

Ha!

Jared

Diameter is normal, but this pen is HEAVY, unless you get aluminum or titanium. I like the extra weight, but, it does take some getting used to at first. It takes fisher space pen refills, and they will last a long time. If you run those out quickly, you REALLY do a lot of writing. I have not run one out yet and I've had this pen for about a year now.

A new Space Pen refill normally has about 2.5 miles of write-out. This length is a misnomer however, because the time you get out of a refill depends somewhat on how much you write. The average person who writes a lot during the day will go through a space pen refill in about 3 to 6 months. I drain mine in 3 months because I'm writing constantly. source

Nice, but not being able to keep the cap on the pen would be a deal breaker for me.

This will also probably make it through TSA screening, since it doesn't have any sharp looking pointy ends or anything. They also make them in titanium, aluminum, and copper. (the lighter ones are probably even better for TSA, since the stainless one is heafty, and feels 'serious', so those goons may decide not to let it through)

they might take it cause they like it, and don't want to buy one themselves.

Country comm has a lot of cool products.

Nice, but not being able to keep the cap on the pen would be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, but I think it was designed to get through TSA. If you could screw the cap on the back, it's long enough and sturdy enough to be a pick/spike type weapon. Without the cap, the main piece is too short for that. I like the heft and indestructability of the thing, so the cap thing is a trade off I'm willing to make. There are plenty of aluminum 'tactical' pens out there that have caps that fit on the back (and won't be allowed on a plane). But not solid stainless ones (that I know of).

And yeah Em, you got me. Best not to take anything with you on a plane that you think a TSA worker might like to keep for themselves. Actually scratch that, to hell with the TSA, and flying.

Sure is a different country we live in now.

I have a couple of the county comm peanut lighters and emergency candle lanterns and the maratac AA flashlights. I really like county comm. They don't make much, but what they do make is pretty damn cool.