JSheaHawk

Board Lifer

• 12,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping

By John Lott
Published December 28, 2011
| FoxNews.com

President Obama keeps pushing for gun control. "I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control]. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar,” President Obama told Sarah Brady, the former president of the Brady Campaign, this past spring.
His push as been quiet but relentless.
Just this past week Obama signaled that he was going to just ignore two new parts of the 2012 Omnibus Spending bill. Although he signed the spending bill into law, he simultaneously issued a so-called "signing statement," a note that presidents have started attaching to legislation stating how they interpret the law they are signing or whether they believe part of it is unconstitutional.

Obama’s statement claimed that Congress couldn’t put restrictions on how he wanted to spend to fund lobbying for gun control and the National Institute of Health studies of gun control.
But why should the federal government use taxpayer dollars to pay for lobbying?
Obama has had numerous false starts on gun control. Just in November, his administration moved to ban target practice on public lands, but the opposition was so swift and strong they immediately backtracked.

CONTINUES...

John Lott always has a lot of insightful stuff to say. Also, this article is packed with links. You could probably read for a day following links in this piece.

One of my favorite quotes:

With 90 congressmen signing a "no confidence" resolution in Attorney General Eric Holder’s handling of “Fast & Furious,” last week Holder lashed out against his critics. “This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American,” (what a racist) Holder told the New York Times. Holder seems unwilling to recognize the genuine outrages the administration’s gun-control agenda has produced.

Jared

#2 macshooter Re: President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping

macshooter

RKI#10

• Veteran Member
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Holder is the same guy that said we are a 'nation of cowards' when it come to issues of race. To a large extent I believe he is right. The fact that he has the balls to sit there and say that people who are pissed off about fast and furious are just all a bunch of racists, and thinks that's going to fly, like it's going to shut people up... Unbelievable.

It's time for people to stop walking around on eggshells about the sensitivities of minorities. These people have come to think they can push people around with their victim status, and get away with anything they want, by accusing others of racism. I am sick of hearing about how disadvantaged minorities are in this country, when they in fact get preferential treatment in hiring practices for both the private (and especially) the public sector, as well as for govt contracts, and admittance to academic programs. If anything white people are at a disadvantage today, because affirmative action amounts to descrimination against those who do not receive special consideration, (whites).

This stuff has go to stop. People are going to have to get some guts and say something about it in public, just the same way that Rosa Parks or MLK did in the 60s. This race baiting sh*t has been going on for far too long. I was born in the 70s, and never in my life have I felt as much racial tension in this country as I do right now. AFTER THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT WAS ELECTED! I would have thought that would have put the final nail in the coffin of racism in this country. I was wrong. obama and his cronies want to divide people, and keep stirring up this racial sh*t, because it helps him hide what he is doing. He will rip this country apart in another 4 years.

No one even dared to question is past, his communist family history (mother, father, grandparents), ties to Chicago corruption, (Tony Resco), links to bonfied domestic terrorists (Bill Ayres and his wife), he got a pass on all that because he was black, and anyone who would have dared to say anything would have been called a racist. Now his administration is busy trying to destroy this country while hiding behind playing the race card anytime they get found out. It's criminal what is going on.

I hope America has learned what happens when you give someone who is unqualified a job because they are black (or whatever minority they happen to be.) It's time that all people are judged according to their merit, and not the color of their skin, to paraphrase MLK's quote. And it's time white people stop being cowards and tip-toeing around minorities all the time, and start telling them to STFU when they try to play the race card.

what affirmative action gets you - incompetence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnLozS-TnM

#3 SBHShooter Re: President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping

SBHShooter

WE ALL LIKE

• Veteran Member
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

That's a really long, and probably well typed post, but I'm not going to read it because Posted Image

:dunce:

#4 emclean Re: President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping

emclean

A True Legend on the Gun Forums

• Members
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

:sarcasm:
are you calming that a CHICAGO politision is anti-gun????
from the great state of 50/05 chance of the govener being incarcerated?
WOW

#5 macshooter Re: President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping

macshooter

RKI#10

• Veteran Member
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Sorry, I don't know what came over me... The stuff going on these days is just unreal. For me to even think that the president of the US is a marxist, two years ago, made me feel like I was crazy. But now I'm willing to say a lot more than that. We will all have to start speaking up or the country will be lost. I think that a great many unheard voices will be heard next Nov.