Sign in to follow this  
45operator

ankle holsters - your thoughts, comments and suggestions/recommendatio

in about a month or so, i'm going to be the proud owner of a sig p228 and i was planning to use an concealed ankle holster for the little guy. could use a some feedback from you guys on this. any comments, suggestions, experiences or recommendations?

I can only conceive of .380 size guns on the ankle, but I guess most people won't be looking at your feet to see if you're printing...

Only as a backup piece....ankle carry is very picky about the amount of physical activity you do, the wardrobe you wear and the size of the pistol. It takes a gross amount of time to draw one as well and there is no way you can move while drawing (unless you do some one-legged hop to cover).

I have one that did not work with the weight of the pistol I was using. I even used an extension support above the calf and it wouldn't stay in place. Strategic duct tape would work better.

Personally I never liked them (ankle holsters), but if you can try it before making up your mind that might be best. Check with friends or fmaily, see if anyone has an ankle rig you can borrow, I ended up buying one and turned around and sold it for a loss.

I have recently become a big fan of the universal cell phone holsters.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/