Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10-96

SCHEMATIC for S&W sw40ve

Question

I recently purchased a S&W Sigma SW40VE for my wife , i got it real cheap because it was missing a part. It is the part that catches the rim of the case and is in the right side of the slide just behind the port. I have looked every where for a schematic that shows this part and can find nothing....any help would be great!

8 answers to this question

The extractor. Its probably the same setup as a Glock with a spring and plunger pushing forward on it and held in place by the slide end plate. Be sure you have that spring and plunger (part 22) while you're ordering parts.

thanks macho999, i have that one, but it does not include the part i need. Its the piece that fits into the slide, and catches the rim of the casing to eject it

Its turning into a bit of a pain in the ass, but the friend who took it apart and lost the part sold it for $70 so i couldn't pass it up...or giving him sh*t..8-)

10-96,

Can you take a pic that shows where the part would go?

From your description, the only part that makes sense is the extractor, part # 20. The schematic is sort of misleading, making the extractor appear to be part of the rear sight.

Mike

thanks macho999, i have that one, but it does not include the part i need. Its the piece that fits into the slide, and catches the rim of the casing to eject it.

It is the extractor. Little hook looking POS cast part with a nub on the back. As mentioned, it is part 20.

(bottom)

8.jpg

Also, be sure you have the other parts or order them in the same order, such as 22 (spring and plunger). Just look at the whole gun.

2.jpg

I have a sw40ve and the extractor broke a while back,and I sent it back to s&w for repair after not being able to find the part online. It is concidered to be a fitted part, not for sale. You can contact Smith& Wesson and they will send a shipping lable and instructions to ship for repairs. Guns are warranteed for life.Took a couple weeks.

I have a sw40ve and the extractor broke a while back,and I sent it back to s&w for repair after not being able to find the part online. It is concidered to be a fitted part, not for sale. You can contact Smith& Wesson and they will send a shipping lable and instructions to ship for repairs. Guns are warranteed for life.Took a couple weeks.

:dunce: Sorry about the missinformation,warranty is for original owner. Didn't notice I was replying to a post from 6/2010.

Lol. No worries, man. Welcome to the forums!

Jared