Sign in to follow this  
Knight

Pepper Spray

Awhile back I bought my girlfriend a fairly cheap can of pepper spray while we were at the local indoor shooting range. She had tole me that she wanted something like that for awhile, and I figured I'd buy her a cheap one for starters to see if she actually would carry it. Not only has she been carrying it around with her all the time, she has told me several times that having it actually does make her feel safer. So, now I figure would be a good time to replace her old one with a fancy, top-of-the-line model. 'Cause I'm a good guy like that. {luv}

I'm not really too picky about what type of pepper spray it is. Only that it can be put on a keychain, since that's how she prefers to carry it.

Since it will inevitably come up, I will also mention that yes, I have thought of the idea of her getting a CCW and carrying concealed. I've talked with her about it, as well as thought about it myself at length, and there are a few problems I have with it at this point in time. The main problem is that I don't feel like she could devote enough time to go through the process of buying a handgun, becoming proficient with it, and then applying for a CCW. There are other, smaller issues as well, but let's leave it at that. Suffice to say that she likes guns and likes the idea of carrying one, but lacks the time to commit to it.

Sabre Red

Vile, vile, evil, horrible stuff. You might have her dab a tiny bit on the skin under her eyes so she at least has some inkling of what it feels like.

Jared

Sabre Red

Vile, vile, evil, horrible stuff. You might have her dab a tiny bit on the skin under her eyes so she at least has some inkling of what it feels like.

Jared

i had a can of this stuff i can tell you from experience you do not want to get any on you. i even sprayed a drunk fella's crotch who tried to rob me from behind once.he screamed for an hour.

Saber Red all the way. That stuff is rediculous. You dont want to be within 10 yards of someone firing that stuff off. It burns like fire for hours. Its what our department issued. Never used it on the street though.

Have you considered a Taser as a less than lethal option? Such as the C2? They are very effective and are less likely to accidentally incapacitate her as well (pepper spray indoors sucks). Just an option.

my girlfriend has sabre red, she is now on her second canister. hehmm.

whilst we were at our favorite pizza joint, i was figiting with it and the top somehow popped off. stupid me tried to put it back on and i got the sh*t all over the table and the salt n pepper and all over ME. it was so bad, even for her, and i was SO EMBARRASSED,that we took off(pizza hadn't come yet heh). now, this stuff didnt get anywhere near my face, just on my shirt and hands. but i can tell you this stuff will DO IT'S JOB. i do believe this stuff also has UV DYE in it to recognize a perp down the road.

i don't know how the top popped off, i don't remember what i was doing. but i can assure they are completely safe. hers (the new one lol) bangs around her keys and her purse all day long and doesn't even slip off "safety".

I got the Mace CS/OC combo spray. I don't know that stacks up to the others mentioned, but it seemed more nasty than just OC alone.

Never used it on the street though.

Me either, and I back away when I see it come out. Spray just pisses other officers off.

Jared

Sabre Red

Jared

Wow, this one might win out simply because it's pink.

The ASP one that emclean mentioned was the one I was thinking about, but if the Sabre Red stuff works and it's only $10, why mess with a good thing?

I've used 5.5% First Defence quite a bit (the MK6 canister) and it has a very good effect on crooks. FYI.

Illegal for civvies to own in California. I know, hard to believe . . .