Sign in to follow this  
Gator Monroe

WASR 22 most desirable of Romanian AKM's

The WASR 22 has edged it's way into the most collectable status inthe Romanian AKM family (even though it is a Odd no longer produced/imported Rimfire variation on the Romanian AKM theme.

Admin    40

I think there were two Romanian .22 caliber civilian training rifles. Current market price on both is around $400.

1. WASR-22 .22 caliber
  2. AKT-98 .22 caliber

I think there were two Romanian .22 caliber civilian training rifles. Current market price on both is around $400.

1. WASR-22 .22 caliber
  2. AKT-98 .22 caliber

3 Actuially (Romanian RPK-22 which was produced in far fewer numbers than the Original limited production AKT-98)

Knight    5

I'd personally love to own one. They seem like fun AKs, and unlike other .22 AK variants it has almost identical proportions to the 7.62/5.45 version.

Following up I now have my WASR 22 in Romy G furniture & configuration & two more AKT-98s (One completely original) and one with a Romy Sidefolder with the wire "Cheek piece" riser by AMD-65 TECH and the AKT's are very nice examples with seemingly better fit & finish and G quality parts as opposed to the export Grade parts & workmanship of the WASR 22's .