Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Les Baer Police Special M4

Admin    40

Les Baer Police Special M4

post-1-1232582197_thumb.jpg

16" precision button rifled steel barrel with 1X8 twist

Timney Match trigger group

The reviews are very mixed on this $1700 firearm. Complaints about improperly installed castle nuts, to a cheap slings, and $3 Uncle Mikes sling swivels.

les baer m4 review

ChemSoldier    33

Hmm. I have generally heard GREAT things about Les Baer. The problem is the guns shoot better than I do. Which generally means that to me, they are just wicked expensive.

emclean    23

Les Baer is in the same boat as Barrett to me.

they moved out of Ill. because of the AWB's that chicago keeps trying to push onthe rest of the state, so they left for a state that wanted them and there preducts.

also both are something i would like to have, bus can't afford.

Knight    5

I wonder if they build their ARs as tight as they do their 1911s?

warlock    3

Seems a little high priced to me. An RRA build with a two-stage trigger / chrome lined barrel could be had for less than that. Is there any particular reason they included "police" in the description of the weapon, besides the selling point?

BrowningBDA    11

Hope its not true... but sometimes, and I dont know if this is the case, but a person starts a biz, builds up a beautiful rep, then other folks get involved, take the name & rep.. and start penny pinching on stuff, yet still charging a mint for the name.

At $1700.. it should have larue, troy, ect.. parts like sling swivels & such.. magpul at the least.

My S&W 15T came with about $550+ worth of troy rails, BUIS, ect.. and came with magpul mags... for a lot less.

SBHShooter    12

Hope its not true... but sometimes, and I dont know if this is the case, but a person starts a biz, builds up a beautiful rep, then other folks get involved, take the name & rep.. and start penny pinching on stuff, yet still charging a mint for the name.

At $1700.. it should have larue, troy, ect.. parts like sling swivels & such.. magpul at the least.

My S&W 15T came with about $550+ worth of troy rails, BUIS, ect.. and came with magpul mags... for a lot less.

Same for the Ruger, Troy sights, not sure about the rails, and 3 Magpul mags. Considerably less.

Admin    40

With all due respect for the various AR15 fans, a plain old Colt will serve the interests of the majority of users.

Hell, even the USN Seals use recycled M16A1 receivers built up by Crane with cut down Colt 10.5 inch barrels. If its acceptable to the USN Seals uses, then I think most chairborne rangers don't need anything higher speed.

The Rock River Arms AR15 was tested by the FBI and was fine and a big contract awarded. I would not really want a Bushmaster though. The low cost Double Star has seen action in Iraq and acquitted itself well. JMHO

emclean    23

AR's have the same problem that HK, and walther have. they are attractive to gun snobs. at a recent gathering of AR's ( http://www.youtube.com/user/indianagunowners#p/a/u/0/9GTUF0VWi0I ) there were several snickers about my purple lower, as well as discussions as to why you need brand X lower, and not brand Y.

SBHShooter    12

I've used DPMS lowers on all mine because I always got a dealer discount (Master dealer for one order), so why use anything else? Put them together, all was tight, all in spec, why am I gonna pay more for a name?

JSheaHawk    29

Yep, all mil-spec, so it's all good. I once listened to a guy talk about how shitty Bushmaster were compared to Colts. I ended up walking out of the room.

Jared

BrowningBDA    11

I hear you admin...

the sad fact is, I tried to buy a colt the day I bought the S&W... but the colt was $100 more.

My thoughts were simple.. I could get the S&W.. with all the extra goodies.. for less, and sell off the parts I dont want/need. Its a dedicated long range plinker, so I dont really "need" the troy buis, which is worth a good chunk o cash to the chairborne.

For plain AR fun/duty, I got a stag arms Model 1 carbine for $800 that I left stock, and is just fine that way. I'll shoot anything thats fun. hehe

Em.. I get the same stuff from snobs at the range, when I pull out a 1911 with pink box elder burl grips. They snicker.. I could care less... hehe... so far, none of them has been able to outshoot one of my pink gripped guns. hahah

Admin    40

The ones that drive me crazy are the Noveske cult. They don't realize that the majority of the Noveske rifle is reportedly made by third party manufacturers including the receiver/upper/bolt/FCG/guards/stock/rails/etc.

SBHShooter    12

The ones that drive me crazy are the Noveske cult. They don't realize that the majority of the Noveske rifle is reportedly made by third party manufacturers including the receiver/upper/bolt/FCG/guards/stock/rails/etc.

But...they have a pig...breathing fire...that means they're good right?

ChemSoldier    33

Departments buy stupid sh*t if they say "POLICE" in/on them.

Jared

Yeah, went to my first store that sells exclusively to LEOs. Its like any government vendor. I thought it was going to be great, get that LE discount right? Hells no, everything is expensive because they know departments will pay for it. I was bitterly disollutioned. Neat stuff everywhere but catalog shopping is cheaper.

Oh, and to the Noveske thing...pigs breathing flames is cool looking. Cool does sell guns.

Admin    40

The problem with that Noveske pig suppressor that you see at wildly inflated prices is that it's for a SBR AR15 upper due to the short gas system. But, you see morons with on their 20" and 16" rifles as if was going to improve their shooting skills via magic.

post-1-12674544164_thumb.jpg

Noveske Flash Hider

VERSUS

post-1-126745446904_thumb.jpg

Bulgarian Krinkov Flash Hider for the venerable AK47

ChemSoldier    33

Departments buy stupid sh*t if they say "POLICE" in/on them.

Jared

Bump, you would think they wouldnt since they hate overtime. How can a Les Baer be a "Police Special?" When departments are running around with M16A1s and Mini-14s that are old Army and Coast Guard weapons...when departments cant afford training ammo...why would you pay the better part of 2000 bones on a carbine that is designed to pot armed robbers at 60 yards?

BrowningBDA    11

Cause it aint for police.. but for the buying public who want what they think the police & military have.

ChemSoldier    33

Cause it aint for police.. but for the buying public who want what they think the police & military have.

So true. If a company was trying to make it right (S&W has largely done this Model 10 and new M&P lines) you would have all your expensive yazoo expensive guns and then they would name their base models "Police."

macho999    11

Well now I'm confused. Do I look for Tactical or do I look for Police or Military? Maybe Military Police Tactical is the safest bet.

JSheaHawk    29

True, true.

Well now I'm confused. Do I look for Tactical or do I look for Police or Military? Maybe Military Police Tactical is the safest bet.

Military Police Tactical...EXTREME!!!

Jared