Sign in to follow this  
macshooter

Wonky Front Sight Alignment

As some may have read on some older posts, I have some yugos that are ok as far as accuracy goes, but you have to drift the crap out of the front sight to get them to shoot straight (one is quite a bit worse than the other) because the barrel was not installed very well. What I would like to do is have a smith set the barrels back a tad (like you do on a revolver) and rotate them a bit to correct the sight alignment issue, and re-ream/headspace the barrels (whatever needs to be done) to complete the correction. What I want to know is, are the barrels pinned or threaded? (Color me ignorant) And do any of you know of a really good AK smith that could do this kind of work. (aside from Krebs, not that I have a problem with them or anything, but I already know about them.) I want to finish the work century should have done in the first place. These are going to stay with me for a while, and I want them to be as nice as they can be. (Ironwood funiture is on the way.)

Yeah, I know of them. I will add them to the list of folks to talk to. Could be that the best way to do this is a completely new barrel install. As there are cuts into the barrel to secure furniture and what not. Could be more expensive that it's worth, depending on how you look at things. I think I would be willing to spend a few hundred on each gun to have it fixed right. I think it's a shame to have such a nice gun (in it's essense) marred by shoddy quality control. I think more can be done with it...

:threadjacked:

Wonky Front Sight Alignment

i think you have been spending too much time with that CulminatingJoe boy.

Yeah, I know of them. I will add them to the list of folks to talk to. Could be that the best way to do this is a completely new barrel install. As there are cuts into the barrel to secure furniture and what not. Could be more expensive that it's worth, depending on how you look at things. I think I would be willing to spend a few hundred on each gun to have it fixed right. I think it's a shame to have such a nice gun (in it's essense) marred by shoddy quality control. I think more can be done with it...

PM me, I will give you the name of the smith I use if you are interested. He does great work at a good price.

Australian lingo can't rub off through a message board mate. Are you daft?

PM me, I will give you the name of the smith I use if you are interested. He does great work at a good price.

Thanks Admin! I'll take your word that he's a good smith. I know the kind of toys you play with, and yours are more expensive than mine.

Honestly didn't know it was an Aussie word. But it wouldn't suprise me. I like it. I think it's a good word to describe the level of craftsmanship to be found at century.