Sign in to follow this  
xctweeker

yugo- ak?

There is a local shop that has a Century ak-47 underfolder for $450,and after looking at the one that is for sale-or actually temporarly out of stock- at aimsurlpus, I noticed that the one for sale on the site has what looks like a flip-up grenade type site on the gas chamber,and it looks identical to the one that I saw in the store,except the one in the store had MINT wood hand gaurds,and like a complete idiot,I didnt look at the makings to tell if it was a Yugo,or are there any markings to tell me if it is a Yugo.

I guess what I am taking along way to get to is,are those flip-up style sites only on Yugo's???

thanks in advance

If it's an underfolder and it has the flip up grenade sites then there's a 99% chance it's a Yugo. Did it seem to be extra heavy too? The Yugo's use a thicker receiver and bigger front trunion that makes for a noticable difference in weight compared to a WASR.

As for the handguards. When the Yugo's were first widely available they all had the wooden front hand guards. All the newer batches now seem to come with synthetic ones. I like the wood a lot better but that's just a person thing.

$450 is a very reasonable price. You can find them online for about $429 but add the hassle of ordering plus shipping and transfer fees, and you're not going to save much if any. (Although you would avoid the 9,000% TN sales tax :D: )

If you like it I'd scoop it up. It's a good gun at a fair price.

Hey thanks Admin. and Tube, you answered what I needed to know MAN I LOVE THIS SITE.as for the wood stocks I agree with you Tube ,I actually bought a A/T side folder for Yugo sks and put the origanal stock back on.the wood hand gaurds have a nice tight,thin gain to it and they are in GREAT shape compared to what I have seen out there.

and yes I planed om picing it up in 2 weeks if its still there,wether it was a Yugo or not,but I just wanted to do some research on it.

Easiest way to tell if it's a Yugo? Three holes in the handguard. I don't know of any other AK variant in the world that shares that design.

I did this exact same thing a couple weeks ago, came on here and asked about a Yugo AK, now I have it :)

the FSB has that sharp 90 degree chop at the base of it,unique to any weapon..