Sign in to follow this  
WVdeerHNTR

mid length VS Carbine?

well i ordered the Mid length from del-ton (few weeks ago) because i heard on ar15.com from alot of people that said Mid-length is more reliable? whats the pros and cons of both i think the carbine has more options when ordering extra parts? well anyway with the AWB going up for vote i was wondering if you all think i should buy a extra barrel assembly just to have one hand? how many shots does it take to "wear" one out? and another thing is where can i get a 16" Mid-length barrel? i dont see them listed on del-ton

if i realy dont need one i think im going to order another receiver from AIM and build a 20" rifle

I like the looks of the midlength better. You also get a longer sight radius. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the midlength is more reliable. Part of the reason the Marines supposedly stuck with the M16A4 vs. the M4 is that the A4 is more reliable. I think it has to do with the gas port in the barrel being farther away, so it takes in mainly the hot gas with alot less crap like unburned powder.