Sign in to follow this  
hickbob

perdy good group

Got to sit down and shoots some loads I have been tinkerin with.

I definately can't complain about the upper I bought.

5 shot group @ 100 yds = .713"

not bad if I may say so :happydance:

post-6724-1171239626_thumb.jpg

You keep that Texas state quarter just for these kinds of pictures, don't you . . . :rolleyes:

Did you build another AR entirely for your 6.8 upper, or did you just throw it on your High Standard lower?

Edited by Knight

You keep that Texas state quarter just for these kinds of pictures, don't you . . . :rolleyes:

Did you build another AR entirely for your 6.8 upper, or did you just throw it on your High Standard lower?

I built the lower for my 6.8

I picked up a Superior Arms stripped lower for $89. The parts came with the kit from Model 1.

The parts fit the lower very well. Everything was tight and where it was supposed to be.

I do like the set screw on the Superior Arms lowers that take up the trigger travel.

If anyone gets a kit from Model 1...my only suggestion is to polish the center of the roll pin that holds the bolt release in place.

I had to remove it and polish it (too tight, would not move freely enough to stop bolt on last round fired).

He he he...you noticed the quarter huh

Nice grouping. Open sights?

It is scoped...yes I need to adjust it a bit. I was just testing the load. It is raining today so I'll have to wait till tommorrow to set it .

Congrats! Accurate and packs a punch.

I got to handle a 6.8 at the range a while back but didn't have a chance to shoot it.