Sign in to follow this  
raptor131

ar-15 info needed

a friend of a friend is selling a AR-15 for around $900 for this price what should i look for? and what should i avoid? I was told it has multiple upgrades. I haven't seen the weapon yet but any advice before i look at it?

Well you can build your own for cheaper than that so it depends on what kind of upgrades this thing has as well as the brand name. If it's a homebuilt unless he had a gold plated gen 4 nightvision scope on it I'd pass at 900. If it's an Olympic Arms plinker model and he wants 900 for it then don't even bother.

Since he's your friend and if you are willing to pay 900 for it I'd get him to let me shoot it. Take some wolf .223 and other cheap ammo and see how it feeds. If it eats the cheap stuff it's reasonable to believe it will eat the good stuff.

A brand name would help in knowing the value.

You can sink alot of money into upgrading an AR. You need to know what 'upgrades' have been added to it.

Keep in mind (as macho stated) you can build alot cheaper them you can buy. Check out Model 1 Sales to see what I mean.

http://www.model1sales.com/

You also need to know if it is chambered in 5.56 or .223 Rem. There is a slight difference.

Well give us an update

not much to update. i am interested, but have heard nothing. maybe he decieded against selling. i'm gonna make some calls today

well with all this assualt weapons ban talk lately, i called my local dealer and ordered a Stag Arms 2TL which is a left handed model I just hope this bill doesn't get signed into law before i get it.