Sign in to follow this  
joq867

WASR 10 Romainian, finally shot

joq867    0

Went to my father in-laws property in WV for the new years weekend and took my new WASR 10 and High point 995 (9mm carbine), both worked flawlessly. I got the HP used at the same shop I got the WASR, the HP is an awsome gun, very accurate and easy to shoot, I was useing an old 16in satalite dish as a target at 25-30 yrds. I fired about 40 rnds and had the center completely chewed out. the next day the wife and I took out the AK, having ever fired it and hearing about canted sight blocks and poor accuracy we used same distance and a 2x3 foot piece of siding for a target. The wife took the first shot and it was right on target, then we had a problem, she wouldn't let go of the gun. We brought 200 rnds and I maybe got to shoot 40. I think I have created a monster, now I need to talk her into letting me get my own. Hopefully we will get to a range with some proper targets for a better workout, sinceow we know it will hit the paper. :partysmiley:

Admin    40

Sounds like fun.

Your wife and every third world fighter have some thing in common now.

They both took to the AK47 like a fish to water with little to no training. That's the beauty of the thing!

joq867    0

She was in the army and knows a little about firearms, when we went shopping for a gun I took her tolook at the SKS because it was cheap and reliable, I never thought she would spend the money for an AK, but when we got to the shop she didn't like the SKS because it was too long for her( she's 5 ft nothing) the she saw an AR-15 on the wall and said " thats what I shot in the army" but $800 was just too much, the we saw the AK and she asked if they had a collapsible stock to fit, so we ordered the stock and now she is happy. :D:

emclean    23
The wife took the first shot and it was right on target, then we had a problem, she wouldn't let go of the gun.

that aint a problem, that is a blessing.

The wife took the first shot and it was right on target, then we had a problem, she wouldn't let go of the gun.
With them running at around $400, you should be able to convince her to let you get another one by this coming summer provided congress doesn't screw things up. PS. I just got one this weekend and haven't had the chance to go shoot it yet. Maybe next weekend. I will let you know how mine does.

joq867    0
Jog897 doe's your wife have a older sister, lets say in her upper 40s or so :cool1:

sorry, got one in upper 30s and one in lower 40s. But mine is one of a kind. :ak: