Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thed

Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

9 posts in this topic

I have been hunting around for a Cetme (or three B{ ) that is still available with the muzzle brake/compensator.

The BATF recently ruled that the muzzle brake on Century Built CETMEs was a grenade launcher so that is why they are being produced now with no muzzle threads or brakes.

I guess that would make these post ban CETMEs "PreBan?" Anyway I have seen some listed at CenterfireSystems for $299 and says they have the Compensator. But whether the barrel has been drilled or it has a brake is unclear.

The G-3 clones I have seen are also now without threads. I have seen at SOG a G-3 clone for $419 with the muzzle brake.

If you come across either please let me know!

-Thed

Edited by Thed

Thed,

I bought one of those CIA sporters, it also came withour the muzzle brake. I recently purchased a tapco brake and I am waiting on the DIE to arrive so I can thread the barrel. FYI for those of you planning on doing the same thing, you will need a Metric DIE, 15mm x 1.0 thread pitch to thread the barrel. They are HARD to come by. I finally found one and with taxes and shipping, it was almost 30 bucks. Well worth it. Hopefully, someone else here will need it and I can sell it to them. }] :unsure::)(:

Edited by jjandmel

I may be interested in taking it off your hands.

Its too early to tell right now. I am searching for models with the muzzle already threaded, however if I come across a good deal on models withjout the brake, you give a great alternative.

I am sure if you sold it on Gunbroker, you could get a good price for it. Perhaps more than you paid.

Thank You!

-Thed

Cheaperthandirt has the g3 wood stocks or the green mil stocks for 29.99. It says for pre-ban, does that mean I can't put one on my hkg3 clone? T&

I saw those. The sure look good.

Grayfox: Did your G-3 clone come with the USA made stock set. If so, did it have the attachment on the side of the buttstock for the sling?

I am concerned about this option on these rifles. The 922® parts USA count on these models depend on those stocks, so if I switch to the foreign made stock sets, I will also have to get some USA internal parts to make up the difference to be legal. I want to put HK slings on these rifles so your information in this regards would be most helpful.

You Wood stocked CETME should not be a problem, and you should be able to switch to the replacement stocks without problem. They have USA made internals for the count.

-Thed

Edited by Thed

Guys,

One of the main reasons that the muzzle brakes went away is the added expense to place them on compliant semi auto rifles. In times where $295 Cetme rifles are available, it is much cheaper to cut and crown the barrel than to produce a brake, cut, thread and install the brake. That just drives the rifle cost up and to be competitive it's easier to remove all together.

If you want a BATF approved brake to install on your rifle, we offer these:

CET8650_lg.jpg

And you can find them here....

Bill

I'm sold on the Tapco brake. Works like a charm!!! :D

Thed,

Sorry it has taken so long for a reply, working retail at this time of the year is a bitch. The Black stock on my G3 does not have a cut out for the sling like the militarys. I looked at a few at this weeks gun show, but they were pretty worn. I like the green or wood ones, but don't know if I would have to add more american parts. As my stock is mint, I may leave it alone.

PS

I found an RPK stock for my NHM91 and a gunsmith local who will add the needed parts to make it legal. Will have about 350 in the gun when finished, but it will be worth it.

The BATF recently ruled that the muzzle brake on Century Built CETMEs was a grenade launcher so that is why they are being produced now with no muzzle threads or brakes.

Remember the good old days?

I miss Thed, I used to shoot with him a bit out east of DFW.