• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thed

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:58 AM

I have been hunting around for a Cetme (or three B{ ) that is still available with the muzzle brake/compensator.

The BATF recently ruled that the muzzle brake on Century Built CETMEs was a grenade launcher so that is why they are being produced now with no muzzle threads or brakes.

I guess that would make these post ban CETMEs "PreBan?" Anyway I have seen some listed at CenterfireSystems for $299 and says they have the Compensator. But whether the barrel has been drilled or it has a brake is unclear.

The G-3 clones I have seen are also now without threads. I have seen at SOG a G-3 clone for $419 with the muzzle brake.

If you come across either please let me know!

-Thed

Edited by Thed, 24 December 2003 - 10:59 AM.

#2 jjandmel Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

jjandmel

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keepi

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:02 PM

Thed,

I bought one of those CIA sporters, it also came withour the muzzle brake. I recently purchased a tapco brake and I am waiting on the DIE to arrive so I can thread the barrel. FYI for those of you planning on doing the same thing, you will need a Metric DIE, 15mm x 1.0 thread pitch to thread the barrel. They are HARD to come by. I finally found one and with taxes and shipping, it was almost 30 bucks. Well worth it. Hopefully, someone else here will need it and I can sell it to them. }] :unsure: :)(:

Edited by jjandmel, 24 December 2003 - 12:04 PM.

#3 Thed Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:19 PM

I may be interested in taking it off your hands.

Its too early to tell right now. I am searching for models with the muzzle already threaded, however if I come across a good deal on models withjout the brake, you give a great alternative.

I am sure if you sold it on Gunbroker, you could get a good price for it. Perhaps more than you paid.

Thank You!

-Thed

#4 grayfox Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

grayfox

RKI#4

• Senior Moderator
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 07:08 PM

Cheaperthandirt has the g3 wood stocks or the green mil stocks for 29.99. It says for pre-ban, does that mean I can't put one on my hkg3 clone? T&

#5 Thed Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 06:30 PM

I saw those. The sure look good.

Grayfox: Did your G-3 clone come with the USA made stock set. If so, did it have the attachment on the side of the buttstock for the sling?

I am concerned about this option on these rifles. The 922 parts USA count on these models depend on those stocks, so if I switch to the foreign made stock sets, I will also have to get some USA internal parts to make up the difference to be legal. I want to put HK slings on these rifles so your information in this regards would be most helpful.

You Wood stocked CETME should not be a problem, and you should be able to switch to the replacement stocks without problem. They have USA made internals for the count.

-Thed

Edited by Thed, 27 December 2003 - 06:32 PM.

#6 BILL AT TAPCO.COM Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

BILL AT TAPCO.COM

Delta Force

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 11:37 AM

Guys,

One of the main reasons that the muzzle brakes went away is the added expense to place them on compliant semi auto rifles. In times where $295 Cetme rifles are available, it is much cheaper to cut and crown the barrel than to produce a brake, cut, thread and install the brake. That just drives the rifle cost up and to be competitive it's easier to remove all together.

If you want a BATF approved brake to install on your rifle, we offer these:

Posted Image

And you can find them here....

Bill

#7 jjandmel Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

jjandmel

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keepi

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 01:40 PM

I'm sold on the Tapco brake. Works like a charm!!! :D

#8 grayfox Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

grayfox

RKI#4

• Senior Moderator
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 11:35 PM

Thed,
Sorry it has taken so long for a reply, working retail at this time of the year is a bitch. The Black stock on my G3 does not have a cut out for the sling like the militarys. I looked at a few at this weeks gun show, but they were pretty worn. I like the green or wood ones, but don't know if I would have to add more american parts. As my stock is mint, I may leave it alone.
PS
I found an RPK stock for my NHM91 and a gunsmith local who will add the needed parts to make it legal. Will have about 350 in the gun when finished, but it will be worth it.

#9 SBHShooter Re: Cetme Rifles With Muzzle Brake

SBHShooter

WE ALL LIKE

• Veteran Member
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

The BATF recently ruled that the muzzle brake on Century Built CETMEs was a grenade launcher so that is why they are being produced now with no muzzle threads or brakes.

Remember the good old days?

I miss Thed, I used to shoot with him a bit out east of DFW.

Gift Ideas - Bulk Ammo Sale