• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have any idea on value for a Wards Hercules Model SD12B

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fellwarre

Fellwarre

Commanche

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

Anyone have any idea if a Wards Hercules Model SD12B (single shot 12 gauge breach double-action only) is worth anything at all? It's completely missing the forestock, has original buttstock (and buttpad, even though it's completely rotten.)

I only ask because if it's worth something then GREAT! But if it's not, I'm probably going to convert it to a pistol-grip 'fun gun.' I've fired it off a few times and for some reason, I'm just in love with the li'l thing =)

#2 Knight Re: Anyone have any idea on value for a Wards Hercules Model SD12B

Knight

Love Boat Reject

• Members
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

I can completely relate to you. I have a single-shot break-action 20 gauge, and I love that thing to death:

IPB Image

The barrel's been cut down to 18.5 inches, so it's still legal, but my favorite method of shooting it is one-handed.

I'll take a look at my pricing book sometime today for you. Unless someone else can help you out sooner.

#3 Knight Re: Anyone have any idea on value for a Wards Hercules Model SD12B

Knight

Love Boat Reject

• Members
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:04 AM

Okay, here's what I found out.

Your shotgun was sold at Montgomery Wards (think Sears or K-Mart) from 1910 to the 1930s. The original manufacturer of the Wards Hercules was Stevens, J. Arms Co. of Chicopee Falls, Massachusetts. All of the Stevens single-shot shotguns were designed as inexpensive, utility-grade weapons. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be much collector interest in them right now.

While I couldn't find your exact model referenced, based on the values of other models of Stevens single-shot shotguns, I'd expect no more than $25-50 for the condition you've described.

Hope this helps.

#4 Dubya Re: Anyone have any idea on value for a Wards Hercules Model SD12B

Dubya

Subguns.com member

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(Knight @ Apr 19 2006, 10:04 PM) View Post

... I'd expect no more than $25-50 for the condition you've described.

D'oh!

Gift Ideas - Bulk Ammo Sale