Sign in to follow this  
Tube

Yugo Underfolder

Has anyone here had a chance to shoot one of the Yugo M70 underfolder AK's?

A table at the last gun show had piles of these guns and they were asking a "very special gun show price" of $659!!!

I know, I know, why didn't I buy 10 of them?

Anyway, Centerfiresystems has them for sale for $399, which seems really good since the other lowest I've seen so far has been $525.

Has anyone had a chance to handle/shoot/compare these to other AKs in the same price range? I played with one at the show for a minute, but I was too busy laughing at the price tag to seriously examine the gun. They're definately a step up from the WASR's, that's for sure. Also, the folding stock seemed good and solid, unlike some wobbely ATI junk.

I've always wanted an underfolder, but they've always been out of my price range. If the finances work out, and they're still around, I might have to grab one of these.

IPB Image

i've never shot the yugo, but i have fired aks w/the underfolding stock. some like it, some don't. lots complains about how wide the buttstock is but i like it. also, when closed the buttstock kind of protects the hand from heat.

i went w/a sidefolder because that's all i could find; however, i like the underfolder because it keeps w/the contour of the rifle. i'm not saying that the ak is anywhere near streamlined, but i don't care for the extra width when i close my sidefolder.

mostly small complaints, but that's what most gun discussions are anyway.

if you like underfolders... why not? If you can get it for $399 that's a steal. Basically it's just yugoslavian parts assembled onto a nice receiver. As you can tell it will probably be able to handle the heat better than other models because of the reinforcement (those trunnion bulges on the receiver next to the barrel) underneath the charging handle in that picture. RPK's and VEPRs have the same thing on their receivers.

I've thought they were always cool, but I've already got three AK's, why another one? Anyways, the only thing I find funny about it is the fact that the rifle has rifle grenade sights, which is neat if you want to launch tennis balls or say, "hey, I've got a grenade launcher sight"

Other AK's in the price range of $399 usually don't have an underfolding stock, the only other AK's I know of there are the MAK-90's that don't have underfolding stocks unless someone put them there and that's not usually a good thing, WASR GPs Galil side folding stocks or whatever, and maybe Post Ban models that don't have folding stocks or underfolding stocks

My guess is since the Receiver is probably made in the U.S., and from a different company than Century Arms or Vulcan/Hesse, it should be very nice with little or no trigger slap like Century Arms and it won't melt after only 2000 rounds like Vulcan/Hesse

*Note- I just checked around and that rifle is a good deal at centerfiresystems, the only problem is that it doesn't come with a high capacity magazine, just a five rounder, no bayonet, but everything else

Of course magazines are extremely cheap and you shouldn't have a problem remedying this situation

Edited by MAKAK47

Yeah I've shot it. I have a milled reciever but I still have trigger slap. Not a bad rifle for the price though.

Thanks for the feedback Louddog.

Looks like this deal is gone, and the prices are about to soar up though. {cry}