Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rommel109g

AR/15 Kit for 10/22

Question

make a ruger 10/22 look like a ar15

Does anyone know of a conversion kit to make your 10/22 look like the military AR/15 shown below? I want it to have the telescoping stock barrel guard , rail front sight etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

7 answers to this question

I have some XM-8, Sig 552 and G-36 ones coming soon, but no AR-15s. AR-15 is skinnier then the Ruger 10/22 so making a kit is going to not only be hard, but also a bit funkey.

If you like, i'll see if I can't whip you out an AR-15 one.

My kits will probably be going to old sacramento armory when I am done with them as they have expressed interest in them. Probably won't be for another month or 2 though.

The G-36 and Sig 552 ones are in deed airsoft repros but they require some serious mantinence to make them strong and the parts compatable with firearm parts. Not a cheap or small process.

If you get one of the XM-8 ones, then I would suggest using it for the Marlin model 60 walkthrough I mentioned in the DIY section as they will be about 60% of the work already done for you.

I know you don't want to hear this, but if you want a gun that looks and feels like an AR there's not going to be any substitute for the real thing. If you want a "mod" 10/22, then focus on accuracy and shooting comfort rather than it's looks. I know the price of 10/22 is alluring to most people who want to "plink", but by the time you throw a couple of hundred dollars at a high end ruger, you could have purchased a fairly decent AR. I'm not flaming, just speaking my mind.

Since AR's look so evil, how about a kit to make the AR look like a 10/22?

biggrin.gif

"Heh, thats a nice ruger you got there son"

"yeah, its ok," *hits the select fire switch

BRAPAPAPRPAPRPAPRPAPRPARPA!

I know you don't want to hear this, but if you want a gun that looks and feels like an AR there's not going to be any substitute for the real thing.  If you want a "mod" 10/22, then focus on accuracy and shooting comfort rather than it's looks.  I know the price of 10/22 is alluring to most people who want to "plink", but by the time you throw a couple of hundred dollars at a high end ruger, you could have purchased a fairly decent AR.  I'm not flaming, just speaking my mind.

157073[/snapback]

Isn't that the truth. The Ruger 10/22 type stocks are going to be a bit bloated I can tell.

How much would such a kit cost?

It'll depend on which variant.

The Sig 552 and G-36 ones will probably be the cheapest ( $120 or so )

The XM-8 ones will be the most expensive, but that's because they will come with most of the real XM-8s features such as the take down system, adjustable butt, magazine release and MAYBE even the slide stop-release system.

I am also working on a tritium fiber optic sighting system that will be able to be installed on them and I am trying to come up with away to adjust the scope magnification on it from the fourend. You've got to remember that I have a .22 Magnum XM-8 here that I am working on duplicating the features on.

IF I decide to make an AR-15 one, it'll probably be in the same price range as the Sig 552 and G-36. It's all a question of how much time, money and work have to go in to them.

Edited by 44 Canon

yea, theres is a kit called an archangel, its the closest thing to an ar-15 as you're gonna get. it's pretty cool though, it's got a collapsable stock, rails, and a free float barrel.

just google archangel conversion kits and you'll find it