• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Interstate Coach Gun

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 BigDog

BigDog

You will go blind doing that!

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:51 PM

Big 5 has interstate 12 ga Coach Guns for $199. Duel trigger with mue ear hammers. Anyone got info on this gun?

#2 BigDog Re: Interstate Coach Gun

BigDog

You will go blind doing that!

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

The coach gun must be popular because Big 5 sold out of the few they had. I had to wait until today to get one with their delivery.

I like it! Very nice wood, walnut I think and very nice fit and finish and breaks down in seconds. Not sure how it shoots, probably be a shoulder buster but what does that matter if it makes ya feel like John Wayne, and for just $199.99.

#3 macshooter Re: Interstate Coach Gun

macshooter

RKI#10

• Veteran Member
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

Interstate is the company that imports Norinco coach guns. That's a Norinco model 99. I bought one from big five a few years ago. They are nice looking shotguns, and I love the double triggers, and double exposed hammers. But that gun won't hold up to slugs very well at all, it will get loose after a day of shooting them, so if you buy one stick to the 2 3/4 light loads.

Mine had a problem with one of the firing pins not making a good strike sometimes, because it was sitting too far to the rear inside the gun. I never fixed it and sold it for $100. I really liked it though.

You may want to get something better if you want to shoot slugs, but if you take it easy on it, and don't have any other problems like mine had, it could be a neat little gun to add to your collection.

I miss Big 5.

Edited by macshooter, 05 August 2005 - 06:01 PM.

#4 granitemonkey Re: Interstate Coach Gun

granitemonkey

Way Too Opionated

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(macshooter @ Aug 5 2005, 06:59 PM)
Interstate is the company that imports Norinco coach guns. That's a Norinco model 99.  I bought one from big five a few years ago. They are nice looking shotguns, and I love the double triggers, and double exposed hammers.  But that gun won't hold up to slugs very well at all, it will get loose after a day of shooting them, so if you buy one stick to the 2 3/4 light loads.

Mine had a problem with one of the firing pins not making a good strike sometimes, because it was sitting too far to the rear inside the gun.  I never fixed it and sold it for $100.  I really liked it though.

You may want to get something better if you want to shoot slugs, but if you take it easy on it,  and don't have any other problems like mine had, it could be a neat little gun to add to your collection. 

I miss Big 5.

View Post

How well do you think the Stoeger coach would work with slugs and heavy buckshot loads?

Edited by granitemonkey, 03 September 2005 - 10:30 PM.

#5 lineishot Re: Interstate Coach Gun

lineishot

I really need a hobby!

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(granitemonkey @ Sep 3 2005, 10:28 PM)
How well do you think the Stoeger coach would work with slugs and heavy buckshot loads?

View Post

I have a Russian-made Coach Gun and 00 buckshot loads are on the lively side. I'm going to get some reduced recoil tactical loads and save my shoulder.

#6 macshooter Re: Interstate Coach Gun

macshooter

RKI#10

• Veteran Member
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(granitemonkey @ Sep 3 2005, 09:28 PM)

View Post

I haven't tried a Stoeger yet, I was lookng at IZH for a while. Next time I think I'll spend a little more and try to get a better one. I have no problem with the recoil on the norinco, but the gun itself couldn't handle slugs and buckshot without getting loose.

#7 Pacman Re: Interstate Coach Gun

Pacman

Polish Tantal is 5.45

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

I've been having a conversation with MacShooter in PM about this shotgun. I'm posting it here for future reference if needed.

I saw a thread that you responded to back in September regarding Norinco Coach Guns. You had said that yours got loose with heavy loads. Did you mean that the screws get loose or the action stretched out and got loose. I just picked up a 20ga model 99 and shot a little buck and a few slugs in it. I just wanted to check and see what yours had done so I don't end up having a problem.

Thanks for the info,
Chris

Yeah, the "action stretching out" seems a pretty good way to describing what happened to it. Before I wrung it out with some slugs and heavy loads, the barrel would lock up against the reciever tight and would not move or wiggle at all. But after a day of slugs and stuff the barrel would wiggle very slightly with action closed. The norinco is just not made well enough to handle the abuse from slugs or heavy loads, so I would definately stick to 2.75" standard loads with that gun. I suspect that over time even those loads may have the same effect, but I haven't bought another one to test that theory. That may change soon however...

Thanks for the fast reply. I put about 70 rounds thru it over the weekend including 25 rounds of 2.75 bird shot, 10 rounds of 2.75 #3 buck and about 20 rounds of 2.75 slugs. The gun seems worn in some meaning it breaks open and comes apart easier but so far I don't see any wiggle between the barrel and the action. I will most likely keep using just 2.75 inch shells and keep a careful eye on the barrel to action fit.

We (my brothers and I) just bought the last 6 of the 12ga model 99s from Classic Arms today. Hopefully they will be here next week. I will post if I see any problems with them or the 20ga I have now.

Also, if you don't mind I will copy this to the original thread so that others can see it in case they think about buying one.

Chris

Sure, that's fine with me. Well, if you got six of them, then maybe you can afford to beat one up, just for fun! I'd hate to think it was just mine...

--------------------
"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people." - George Mason

Guns are an investment.

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting!

Happiness is a warm gun.

10mm shooter

Gift Ideas - Bulk Ammo Sale