Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WVdeerHNTR

want to use 30 round clips....

13 posts in this topic

when i take the current fixed mag out do i take the whole thing out or do i just put back the trigger assembly? and are 30 round "duck bill" clips a pain or do they work and is there anythingi need to know about them like do they lock in anywhere or what

From what i hear theyt are not reliable. Leave the fixed 10 rounder and enjoy!

I had a 30 rounder. Never had a problem with it. It just sucks you can't remove it without taking the damn trigger group out. Heres an idea, buy an AK... ;-)

I had a 30 rounder.  Never had a problem with it.  It just sucks you can't remove it without taking the damn trigger group out.  Heres an idea, buy an AK...  ;-)

133867[/snapback]

question, is it legal for me, being in NY state, to get a SKS 30 rounder and use it in my Yugo SKS? does this violate my parts count because its C&R? yeah i dont think this would be legal, just gotta hear it from u guys too lol

A definate illagality in Ca!, but everything is!!

I'm pretty sure its illegal to change a C&R gun no matter what state you are in unless you play the "10 or less" game.

I'm pretty sure its illegal to change a C&R gun no matter what state you are in unless you play the "10 or less" game.

133882[/snapback]

crap lol ok

If you ever need advice about what can and can't be done to an SKS, check out SKSboards.com

There's a lot of good advice floating around there/

Eric

I took my fixed mag out but I had to sand the inside of the stock some so the 30rnd magazine would fit. I have a Chinese SKS which seem to be the most compatible with the detachable mags. I've found out though that if I put an even number of rounds in the mag then it won't feed correctly.

I took my fixed mag out but I had to sand the inside of the stock some so the 30rnd magazine would fit. I have a Chinese SKS which seem to be the most compatible with the detachable mags. I've found out though that if I put an even number of rounds in the mag then it won't feed correctly.

134157[/snapback]

What if you load an odd number of rounds and then fire one shot?

well then it would be even lol

I've heard that you can do something to an SKS to convert it around so it will accept AK mags, but what I know about SKS's and tinkerin' with them you could put in a shot glass and still have plenty of room for tequila.

Buy an SKS- M or SKS-D. They use AK mags that are reliable. Drums too I do believe.