Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Spitfire Submachine Gun

k_d135    0
A friend of mine has what I have identified as a Spitfire Eagle Carbine from the pics posted on this forum. He is having trouble with it feeding from the clip. The round wants to lodge sideways in the chamber, it has a stamped feedramp which isn't much of a ramp. I am mainly a bolt action guy so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Check out the yahoo group "SpitfireCarbine". It probably has the most knowledgeable people concerning this gun.

Zinger    1

Interesting website. I have owned a .45 carbine for about 8 years now that is a Thompson knock-off. It was manufactured in 1947 by a company named Apache Arms based out of Tempe Arizona. I have the original sales brochure and owner’s manual along with a letter dated 1962 to the IRS asking if this is a legal rifle to own. I have been searching for years for information on this rifle. I have attached the fron page of the owner's manual. Perhaps someone on this site can enlighten me?

post-11858-12486771992_thumb.jpg

Admin    40

post-1-125190329852_thumb.jpg

Spitfire Carbine

Spitfire .45acp SMG. Uses grease gun magazines that are easy to find. Comes complete with one 30 high capacity magazine. This particular model has both a walnut verticle fore grip and butt stock. It is the short barrel version and has two triggers. The front trigger is for full auto only and the rear trigger is for semi auto only. Fully transferable to individuals where permitted.

Admin    40

post-1-0-40333800-1318104776_thumb.jpg

Spitfire .45acp submachine gun. This was a Phoenix AZ “Overmark” gun. One of the open bolt semi auto firearms that the factory remarked to Full auto.