7 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

The Decider

• Admin
  • 14,366 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:58 PM

Global Trades/Armory USA

I recently saw that Global Trades has become Armory USA. They supposely make a good US AK-47 type rifles

Anyone have experience with them?

Here is a AMD-63-UF

http://www.savepic.c...sideLOW-RES.jpg

#2 MAKAK47 Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

MAKAK47

Chrome Lined

• Members
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:17 PM

Ya, they do, they rank up there with Arsenal Inc. and VEPR
That's one gorgeous looking AK right there

#3 Thed Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:47 PM

Global trades makes excellent AK Clones. The SSR rifle I have was excellent in fit and finish. No trigger slap, nor any appearance that the rifle was rebuilt from a used kit.

Worth the money. Its my understanding that Global/Armory uses a 1.6mm sheet for their receivers, which is thicker than the norm.

-Thed

#4 Admin Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

Admin

The Decider

• Admin
  • 14,366 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

Global trades makes excellent AK Clones. The SSR rifle I have was excellent in fit and finish. No trigger slap, nor any appearance that the rifle was rebuilt from a used kit.

Worth the money. Its my understanding that Global/Armory uses a 1.6mm sheet for their receivers, which is thicker than the norm.

-Thed

View Post

Thed,

Do they have a website? I could not find one. I am thinking of buying a high quality AK clone.

I have been considering Global Trades, Vector, Arsenal, ORF. I think I will put together a side by side comparision.

#5 Thed Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:14 AM

I have been looking for a higher quality AK as well. Specifically an underfolder model, which does not help with Global Trades.

Right now the Global Trades rifles currently for sale are:

http://www.globaltrades.com

Posted Image

This rifle is built using a new Poly-Tec Barrel assembly. It has the typical AK-47 pattern parts on the barrel, including the wide front sight support and the AK-47 pattern gas block. The gas tube is vented, the receiver cover is ribbed and the rear sight is calibrated to 800 meters.

This rifle complies with all Federal regulations including Section 922®. It is designed to take double stack magazines, will accept and is legal with all standard AK magazines including 20 round and drum magazines.

Specifications

Caliber: 7.62 x 39 mm

Action:"New" 1.6mm stamped receiver, semi-automatic, manufactured by Arsenal USA  in Houston . FULLY HARDENED

Barrel length: 16.25 inches, hammerforged, chrome-lined

Rate of twist: 1 in 9.45"

Overall length: 35.5"

Weight, empty: 7.4 lbs.

Muzzle: Threaded, slant muzzle brake welded on

Furniture: Blond buttstock and handguards, made in Hungary. Black polymer pistol grip made in USA.

Finish: Black Parkerized

US source parts: Receiver, gas piston, hammer, trigger, disconnector, pistol grip, and slant brake.
Accessories included: Installed Buffer Technologies Recoil Buffer®, 5 round magazine, sling, cleaning kit, trigger lock, owner's manual, warranty certificate, and certification of compliance with Federal regulations.

This rifle complies with all Federal regulations including Section 922®. It is designed to take double stack magazines, and will accept and is legal with all standard AK magazines including 20 round, 30 round, and drum magazines. The barrels used were imported before September of 1994

Personally, the reason why I still think the Global Trades 7.62x39mm are the best out there, is because they are using Chinese Polytech barrels. Which is a huge factor in why the Pre 89 ban "Legend" series of AK's will still demand premium prices. They are some of the finest AK barrels ever made.

Although this rifle is made of parts of mixed origin, the core parts by my understanding are Chinese, Polish, Hungarian, and of course USA.

The Arsenal Inc http://www.arsenalinc.com/ are rifles which are also excellent. These are Bulgarian/USA parts clones. There may still be a few with the milled receiver floating around, but its my understanding that the current production of these are currently on a Stamped receiver.

Are you looking for a more "traditional look" AK? Or are you looking for something on the AK design. The VEPR II series is worth looking at as well.

-Thed

#6 Admin Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

Admin

The Decider

• Admin
  • 14,366 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:34 AM

I like the Vector AK47 black furniture underfolder. Built from Hungarian and/or Polish parts along with legally required American parts.

Posted Image

#7 Thed Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:47 AM

Where did you see it?

http://www.vectorarms.com has the underfolders in Black. Considering the other Vector Products I own, I would not hesitate from buying from them again.

Posted Image

The Polish Wood Underfolder is what I have been considering.

I am not sure however if Global Trades is making an Underfolder. It does not say in their website. A Global Trades distributor does some of the local Dallas gun shows, and I have liked what I have seen. I wish I could get the Polytech Barrel on an underfolder. That is my ideal AK.

One of the signs of the Chinese Barrels is that the triangle of the front sight block is much wider. The Eastern European sight blocks often have a steeper angle. Compare the pictures above.

A friend of mine owns an SSR from Global and it is an excellent firearm.

-Thed

#8 Dieter122 Re: Global Trades/Armory USA

Dieter122

Forum Regular

• Veteran Member
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:46 PM

again id buy one of these nice items if it were legal (ny state) lol..man o man. I envy those who live in the free states. {cry}