• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Lorcin L380 - I know it's crap, but need a hand...

lorcin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fellwarre

Fellwarre

Commanche

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:49 PM

Hiya all =) I'm new to the forums and new to handguns in general. I've run into a small problem with my gun, and needed some help.

I have a Lorcin L380. I got it for free from a friend of mine, and though I've read everywhere that they're pretty crap (I guess they tend to jam up quite a bit) I thought I might as well register it and go out plinking with it.

Well...

I took it out shooting and after about the fifth clip (actually, maybe I'm just lucky, but it didn't jam at all)... I don't know how to describe it technically, so I'll just use newbie-speak.

The gun is cocked. The cocking indicator on the back of the gun (where the hammer would be) is showing that it's cocked and ready to go... but when I pull the trigger, nothing happens.

I've unloaded the gun, and looked for the slide release so I can see if there's a broken spring or anything else, and can't seem to find a slide release. I asked a friend about it (who I go shooting with, he knows quite a bit more about guns than I do) and he couldn't find a way to crack the gun open either.

Does anyone know anything about getting this gun open? Has anyone else had this specific problem? I know the most common thought is probably going to be 'have the gun destroyed,' but until I get my SA XD9 for christmas (thanks to the wife!) it's the only handgun I've got.

Thanks in advance for your help! =)

#2 BrowningBDA Re: Lorcin L380 - I know it's crap, but need a hand...

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:30 PM

Hello bud.... and welcome to the forum! ok>

If I'm not mistaken... if you take a pencil (the eraser end)... and press it against the rear circular section in the back of the slide (where the firing pin protrudes from),, and press it inwards about 1/8" of an inch, WHILE drawing back the slide slightly and lifting upwards... that will free the slide from the frame... and the slide will then slide forward off the frame & fixed barrel.

the reattach the slide... follow the steps above in reverse order.

I know this works for the jennings & Bryco guns... It may work for the lorcins as well.

Sounds like your gun may need a good cleaning & oiling... then try it again. When cleaning.. look for obvious breaks & faults.

While they are inexpensive... they still work well. I had a jennings J22 for years... and it was actually a decent pistol... no jams... and accurate enough for intended purpose. I can't fault them for an inexpenisve gun. ok>

#3 nientok Re: Lorcin L380 - I know it's crap, but need a hand...

nientok

Lahti 20 AT Rifle

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

BDA is correct I had a lorcin .380 when you press the rear silver part that the firing pin protrudes from when cocked pull back a little on the slide and lift up but don't pull the trigger or your sear will fly out and you can loose the spring clean and lube it up a little and fire away. I found that it would jam with cheap ammo so I used winchester and had no problems. ok>

Lorcin L380

#4 Ron Peacher Re: Lorcin L380 - I know it's crap, but need a hand...

Ron Peacher

Just Busted My Cherry

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Well I PULLED THE DANG Trigger,,lol,,this gun was free but i would still like to shoot it...any Idea how to put the sear back in?

#5 JSheaHawk Re: Lorcin L380 - I know it's crap, but need a hand...

JSheaHawk

Board Lifer

• 12,455 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Well I PULLED THE DANG Trigger,,lol,,this gun was free but i would still like to shoot it...any Idea how to put the sear back in?

Welcome to the forums, Ron! FYI, this post is from 2004. :okay:

What kinds of guns do you shoot and collect? Are you a hunter?

Jared